Important dates for the upcoming Fall 2023 semester
|30th of May||The registration process starts for all incoming students|
|6th of June 12:00 pm (afternoon) Dutch local time||
The reservation/booking process starts for incoming non-EU exchange students and Non-EU full degree students
|7th of June 12:00 pm (afternoon) Dutch local time||
The reservation/booking process starts for incoming EU exchange students and EU full degree students
Please note that registering does not mean that you can book a room yet. Registering simply allows you to take your time to review SSH’s housing offers so that you are able to make an informed decision when it’s time to reserve and book your room. Once a room is booked, the rental contract can only be cancelled under extreme circumstances.
It’s important to note that rooms are allocated based on the “type of resident” and “gender” that you provided during registration. This means that the rooms you see on offer will vary depending on these options. It is not permitted to register for an exchange room if you are a full degree student; also visa versa. These registrations will not be approved.
In order to be able to book a room, your status needs to be approved by the Centre of International Affairs at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences. Your approval will depend on whether or not you meet the criteria of eligibility.
Eligibility for Full Degree students
- You must have been accepted into one of our full degree programmes.
- You are between 16 and 30 years old.
- Incoming students get priority over current students.
- We understand that full degree students coming from outside of the European Union (EU) have more difficulties finding a room. Therefore, non-EU students and EU students living outside of the EU are given priority over EU students living in the EU. Room reservation is done on a first-come, first-served basis
- It is not permitted to register as an exchange student if you are a full degree student.
Eligibility for Exchange Students
- You must have been accepted into one of our exchange programmes.
- You are between 16 and 30 years old.
- It is not permitted to register as a full degree student if you are an exchange student
- Go to the SSH Registration Form.
- Fill in the required information. If you do not have a student number yet or don’t know your IBAN number, leave this field blank.
- If you are under 16 years of age, please contact SSH (firstname.lastname@example.org) and inform them of your age before completing your registration.
- Once you have registered, your status will be set to “For Approval”. The Centre of International Affairs at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences, will verify the information you provided. If your registration is approved, your status will be changed to “On hold”. You will be able to access the booking platform on the date that is applicable to you. If not approved, you will receive a message explaining the reason and an explanation of the following steps.
- Once your status is approved by the Centre of International Affairs you can reserve the room that fits your criteria best.
- After reserving a room, you will have 24 hours to pay for the room. If the room is not paid for within 24 hours, your reservation will be withdrawn and another student will have the opportunity to reserve and book the room. The required payments are: first month’s rent, the last month’s rent and a reservation fee of EUR 90. If applicable you can also add a bedding package to your reservation for EUR 57,50. The bedsheet package will be ready for you upon arrival. This amount can only be paid by credit card.
Rental contracts can be terminated up until four weeks before the start of the rental period. You will have to pay a cancellation fee of EUR 85, and the reservation fee (EUR 90) will not be refunded. Afterwards, contracts can only be terminated early under special circumstances, which means that you are expected to complete the contract period, even if your programme ends earlier. If you meet the criteria to terminate your contract early, it has to be approved by the Centre of International Affairs and you have to pay a cancellation fee of EUR 85,00 to SSH. Rental contracts for a room can also not be changed or amended. This means that a contract from 1 August – 31 January cannot be changed to 1 August – 31 December.
Rental periods are as follows:
|1 August||31 january|
|1 August||31 July|
|1 February||31 July|
As we are unable to offer rooms to all of our international students, some students will have to look for a room on the private market. Take a look for more information about alternative housing options in Rotterdam or read more information about neighborhoods in Rotterdam.