Rental prices range from EUR 420 to EUR 640 per month depending on the building and size of the room. These rooms are offered by SSH, the largest provider of student accommodations in the Netherlands. Student residents can stay for a maximum of 1 year. After this period, you should find a room or apartment on the private market; see Alternative Housing Providers.
Important dates for the upcoming Fall 2020 semester
|9 June 2020 (12:00pm (afternoon) local Dutch Time)||The Registration Process starts for all incoming students|
|16 June 2020 (12:00pm (afternoon) local Dutch time)||The Reservation and Booking Process starts for all incoming students|
Please note that registering this does not mean that you can book a room yet. Registering simply allows you to take your time to review SSH’s housing offers so that you are able to make an informed decision when it’s time to reserve and book your room. Once a room is booked, the rental contract can only be cancelled under extreme circumstances.
It’s important to note that rooms are allocated based on the “type of resident” and “gender” that you provided during registration. This means that the rooms you see on offer will vary depending on these options. It is not permitted to choose an exchange room if you are a full degree student; also visa versa. These registrations will not be approved.
In order to be able to book a room, your status needs to be approved by the Centre of International Affairs at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences. Your approval will depend on whether or not you meet the criteria of eligibility.
Eligibility for Full Degree students
- You must have been accepted into one of our full degree programmes.
- Incoming students get priority over current students.
- NON-EU students and EU students living outside of the European Union get first priority. We understand that full degree students coming from outside of the European Union (EU) find it even more difficult to find a room. As a result, non-EU students are given priority over EU students living in the European Union. Please note that this only applies to full degree students and not exchange students.
- It is not permitted to choose an exchange student if you are a full degree student.
Eligibility for Exchange Students
- You must have been accepted into one of our exchange programmes.
- It is not permitted to choose a full degree room if you are an exchange student
- Go to the SSH Registration Form.
- Fill in the required information (If you do not have a student number yet or don’t know your IBAN number, leave this field blank).
- If you are under 16 years of age, please contact SSH (firstname.lastname@example.org) and inform them of your age before completing your registration.
- Once you have registered, your status will be set to “For Approval”. The Centre of International Affairs at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences, will verify the information you provided. If your registration is approved, your status will be changed to “Approved”. If not approved, you will receive a message explaining the reason and an explanation of the following steps.
- Once your status is approved by the Centre of International Affairs you can reserve the room that fits your criteria best.
- After reserving a room, you will have 24 hours to pay for the room. If the room is not paid for within 24 hours, your reservation will be withdrawn and another student will have the opportunity to reserve and book the room. The required payments are: first month’s rent, the last month’s rent and a registration fee of EUR 77,50. This amount can only be paid by credit card.
Contracts can only be terminated early under special circumstances, which means that you are expected to complete the contract period, even if your programmes ends earlier. If you meet the criteria to terminate your contract early, it has to be approved by the Centre of International Affairs and you have to pay a cancellation fee of EUR 75,00 to SSH. Rental contracts for a room can also not be changed or amended. This means that a contract from 1 August – 31 January cannot be changed to 1 August – 31 December.
Rental periods are as follows:
|1 August||31 January|
|1 August||31 July|
|1 February||31 July|
|8 February||31 July|
As we are unable to offer rooms to all of our international students, some students will have to look for a room on the private market. Take a look for more information about alternative housing options in Rotterdam or read more information about neighborhoods in Rotterdam.