What are the requirements for your thesis?
- It has been assessed with a minimal grade of 7.
- Your study programme allows you to upload your thesis yourself. All the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences study programmes do, except Physical Therapy, Marketing Management and Small Business & Retail Management.
- You have the client’s permission to publish the thesis (in reference to confidential or company-sensitive information).
- It does not contain any copyrighted material for which you do not have permission of the entitled parties. This usually concerns pictures or graphics. If possible use royalty-free images, or images covered in a Creative Commons license.
- It does not include any privacy-sensitive information. For example: names of people, address data, telephone numbers of coaches, institutions and those interviewed. How can you make sure?
- Do not incorporate private information in your thesis. If necessary, include it on a separate insert sheet.
- Remove those sections of text and replace them with a statement such as: "### removed due to the confidential nature ###".
- When dealing with a large quantity of confidential data, include the data in a separate attachment which you do not publish.
- Anonymize: replace the names of internship companies, institutions, and/or persons by a different specification, or fictitious name.
Source: Over publiceren van afstudeerwerken die vertrouwelijke informatie bevatten / Raymond Snijders.
Tips bij het invullen van het publicatierecord
- Do not wait too long with uploading! When you are no longer registered at this school, you will no longer have access to the upload form.
- Click on the blue "Start met invoeren" button to start. All changes are automatically saved.
- At "Gebruiksrecht" (user rights) decide what kind of conditions for publication you want. By choosing a Creative Commons license, you will make re-use of your thesis simpler. Read all about it on the website of Creative Commons.
Got questions about uploading your thesis, or about the HBO Knowledge base??