Menu Nederlands

Annual financial means check

If we apply for a Dutch study residence permit for you then you will need to prove each academic year that you have enough money to live and study in the Netherlands. This means that you will need to show that you have sufficient funds on a yearly basis to cover both your living expenses and your tuition fee in the Netherlands.

After each academic year (usually around November/December) the student support team from the Centre of International Affairs (CoIA) will contact all students with a Dutch study residence permit. Students will then be requested to either prove or declare that they have sufficient funds.

You can read more about this topic on the financial means check page on the Dutch immigration office (IND) website.