Tuition Fee 2019-2020
|EU/EEA students*||€ 2,083|
|Non-EU students*||€ 11,420|
*Subject to change
EEA (European Economic Area) students
The following countries belong to this category:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, the Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and The United Kingdom.
Students from Surinam will be charged the same fees as students from EEA countries.
February intakePayment and enrolment procedures
If you start with your Master programme in February, you are starting in the middle of the current academic year (the academic year officially runs from 1 September until 31 August).
Please note that you will need to arrange the payment of the tuition fee for your one-year Master programme twice. The procedure is as follows.
Step 1: Payment academic year 2019-2020
- You pay the tuition fee for the period 1 February - 31 August.
Step 2: Payment and enrolment academic year 2020-2021
- Re-enrolment (through Studielink) for the academic year 2020 – 2021 is necessary in order to continue with your Master programme and graduation.
- After arranging your re-enrolment, you must arrange the payment of the tuition fee (through Studielink) for the entire academic year (1 September 2020 - 31 August 2021)*.
Please note that the tuition fee amount for 2020-2021 is not yet known.
Facts about re-enrolment
- You do not have to pay your tuition fee all at once. You can choose to pay the tuition fee in five instalments. For this payment option you will be charged an administration fee per academic year.
- Only after you have arranged the re-enrolment and payment, you will be officially enrolled as a student for the next academic year.
- * After graduation, the finance department will determine whether you are eligible for a refund of any overpaid tuition fees.
Costs of livingWhat does it cost to study in Rotterdam?
To cover your living expenses, such as housing, food, insurance and transportation you should expect to spend approximately € 700 - € 1,000 a month, excluding your tuition fee.
The costs are roughly as follows:
|Costs per month|
|Accommodation||€ 300 - € 600|
|Going out/sports||€ 100|
|Insurance||€ 80 - € 100|
|Public transportation||€ 40 - € 100|
Other study costs
For the purchase of books, readers and other materials you can expect to pay between € 300 and € 750 per year.