Quit study

    If during the academic year you decided to stop studying, it is always possible to de-register.

    Made the wrong choice?

    Do you want to quit your studies because the current study programme was not what you were looking for after all? Find out if we offer a programme that fits your expectations better.

    Study programme guidance

    If you need help with choosing a new study programme. At RUAS we have study programme advisors available who can give you support in choosing your study.

    Check out the posibilities


    If during the academic year you decide to stop studying, it is always possible to de-register. You can submit a request for de-enrolment in Studielink. Read all about it here: De-registration & Refund.

    Student finance

    As long you are enrolled in higher education, you are entitled to student finance. Therefore you have to remember to cancel your student finance or loan yourself when you submit a request for de-registration. You can do this via Mijn DUO.

    You must also deactivate your public transportation card at a pick-up point. This will not happen automatic, nor will you receive a notification from DUO. So stay on top of it and do it on time, because if you do not, or if you are late, you will be fined. Read more about it on the website of DUO. (Dutch language)

    If you stop your student finance in your first year before 1 February, you do not need to repay your public transportation card and additional grant, as long as you will not continue your higher education study programme.

    Contact information

    If you are having doubts about your current study programma, please contact the Study Information Office

    If you have questions about your visa and/or your stay in the Netherlands, please contact the Centre of International Affairs (COIA).

    In case of special circumstances, such as illness, family circumstances or a disability, it is recommended to contact the Student Counselling Office.