Hand in your residence permit document (VVR)

    Only applicable for Non-EU

    Your residence permit document is the property of the Dutch government. You must therefore return your residence document before you leave the Netherlands.

    Please make a copy of the residence permit for your records before returning it to the Dutch government. Please make sure that you leave the Netherlands on time.

    You can send your residence permit document to:

    IND Bureau Documenten
    P.O. Box 7025
    8007 HA Zwolle

    Kindly make the permit invalid before mailing it. You can do this by making a cut in the permit or making a hole in it. Please do not cut the permit in half.

    It is also possible to hand in your residence document at the IND desk in your region. Please call them to make an appointment.

    Please note that the school will deregister you from the IND, you do not have to deregister from the IND.

    It is important that you leave the Netherlands on time which means that you leave after finishing or stopping with your study programme. This does not apply to EU/EEA citizens and their family members.