Below you will find answers to our most frequently asked questions.

    Q: Is a formal teaching qualification required to apply for the position of lecturer?
    A: No, this is not required. We initially consider whether your professional knowledge and competences fit the position. During the first few years, you will have the opportunity to enrol in a didactic study programme. Teaching qualification is often not required for part-time or temporary employment.

    Q: Is a Master’s degree required to apply for the position of lecturer?
    A: Yes, a higher academic education or an education at a university of applied sciences, in addition to a Master’s degree from a university of applied sciences, is a prerequisite for the position of lecturer. The study programmes at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences conduct practice-oriented research in collaboration with knowledge centres and associate professors. As a lecturer, you provide students with intensive guidance during practice-oriented research. This requires knowledge of research methods. That is why Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences requires that all lecturers have a Master’s degree when applying for a job or shortly after being hired.

    Q: Can I work as a lecturer alongside my current job?
    A: Absolutely. We are often looking for people who are active in the professional field. After all, we prepare students for professional practice and by combining work with teaching, you can share relative experiences with them.

    Q: How much does a lecturer earn?
    A: That depends on your position and experience. More information on this can be found in the relevant job announcement.

    Q: Can I submit an open job application?
    A: We are not currently accepting open job applications. To stay up-to-date on all of our current and new job opportunities, you can sign up for the ‘job vacancy notification’. You will then receive current job vacancies by e-mail.

    Q: I would like to give a guest lecture or workshop. How do I request this?
    A: You can indicate this in the contact form.