When you lack a subject

    Do you want to enrol in a degree course and you hold a general secondary, pre-university or vocational secondary education diploma, but your subjects or subject combination does not allow you to apply directly? If so, you have one or more so-called 'subject deficiencies'.

    For each degree course, specific requirements have been set as to the subjects or subject combination you should have taken during your prior education. Therefore, the deficiency subjects may differ from course to course. You must have cancelled out any subject deficiencies before you can start your studies. You can cancel them out by scoring at least a 6 for every relevant subject examination.

    You can contact the department 'Studievoorlichting' (Study Choice Support). They can give you all the information on which subjects you should have taken for the programme you wish to enrol for.