- In the period from February to May 2014 we have worked on a Dutch translation of this app (from Knijff, 2014). The subsequent recordings were made with a Dutch native speaker and processed in New Zealand in a new Dutch version of the app.
- From September 2014 to January 2015, 14 students of the Speech Therapy programme carried out four partial projects as part of their minor course in Language and Hearing focusing on the standardisation and validation of the app for 8- to 12-year-old children (for a summary of the results, see: Neijenhuis & Barker, 2015).
- In the period from September 2015 to January 2016, after several small adjustments to the app, two partial projects were executed by nine students of the Speech Therapy programme in view of the standardisation for younger (5 to 8-year-old) children.
- February 2016: A first (demo-) version of the Dutch app is available via the app store.
- From March to June 2016, additional standardisation data were collected to complete the standard group of 5 to 12-year-olds.
Dutch Feather Squadron App
In May 2013, an English-spoken app was developed named ‘Feather Squadron’, in which various auditory processing skills are tested in an attractive and child-friendly manner. The Research Centre Innovations in Care has looked into the possibilities for the development of a Dutch version. The knowledge of the needs of Dutch professionals, own experiences with the English app and a thorough review of the available information gave rise to the hypothesis that a Dutch version can fulfil a need. The aim is to make the app suitable for use by professionals whose work involves children who experience difficulties in hearing and understanding in complex listening situations.