Implementation of the guideline for aspecific CANS is expected to result in the following improvements compared to the current situation:
- Better diagnosis of specific and - by exclusion - aspecific CANS
- Better (multidisciplinary) communication and cooperation between different care providers for patients with aspecific CANS;
- Better information for care-providers and patients about effective treatments for people with aspecific CANS;
- Patients receive univocal information about diagnostics, treatment and prevention;
- Patients are better informed about decisions for diagnostics and treatment;
- The key decisions and roles of the different care providers are presented with more clarity.