Facts and figuresThe programme at a glance
Programme structureA view of the study programme
About the programme
This exchange programme starts with six weeks of fundamental theory. The first four theory weeks will be parallel with introductory projects. Following the introductory projects are the major projects each lasting six weeks. This programme will be closed by a finishing project lasting two weeks. On theory days, concepts are discussed in the morning through demos, cases, and exercises. The afternoons are reserved for potential guest lecturers and project-time.
The projects for this exchange programme are:
- Project 0 – Social Engineering
Privacy and personal data security
- Project 1 – Code Review
Recognising vulnerabilities from code
- Project 2 – Security Audit
Security auditing live systems, ethical hacking and reporting
- Project 3 – Security Engineering
Developing a secure product with a web-application and embedded systems element
- Project 4 – Pentesting
Pentesting a prototype product from Project 3
The way we work at this exchange programme:
- Throughout this exchange programme, students are guided to apply red and blue teaming exercises, conduct research and study methods from a security context.
- Exchange students who need to be back at their home university before January can complete the last project remotely.
If you have successfully completed this exchange programme then you are able to:
- Spot common errors in cryptography, computer security, network security, and human factors
- Formulate and execute appropriate evaluation strategies, and responsibly disclose their findings
- Apply red teaming, laboratory testing, and field study research methods in security contexts
After completing your exchange programme at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences, you will receive a:
- Transcript of Records