International Business (IB) is the international Programme within the Rotterdam Business School, part of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam). IB is an English taught undergraduate programme in business and economics. With approximately 2.800 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), IB has an international intake and a global reach. Intercultural competency is part of our DNA.
IB has four themes as contextual layer within the curriculum, which are: Sustainability, Leadership, Digital and Purpose Economy.
The Rotterdam Business School is linked to a RUAS Research Centre Business Innovation, where applied research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation with the educational programs and the work field.
For the IB programme the Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is looking to appoint a Language Lecturer Japanese (0,8 fte)
The mission of the IB programme is to “TO EDUCATE STUDENTS TO BE GLOBALLY ENGAGED, RESPONSIBLE, AND INNOVATIVE BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS”.
The programme encourages its students to develop into professionals, equipped with a strong set of values who are able to think critically, reflectively, creatively and act in an entrepreneurial, collaborative, ethical, culturally sensitive and responsible manner.
In this inspiring learning environment, you facilitate student learning by undertaking teaching activities and supervising and coaching students both individually and in projects.
In your position of lecturer you make an important contribution to educational innovation within the context of competency-based learning
In order to carry out the duties effectively, the person appointed is required to have the following skills and experience:
- a master degree in the subject required or in a closely related field;
- established teaching and coaching skills;
- (preferably) previous work experience with an international focus;
- a good understanding of current educational views, methods and techniques;
- the ability to integrate research-based and relevant current developments in the professional field into your teaching, thus pushing forward the boundaries of new knowledge;
- the ability to contribute to the development of the curriculum and parts of the educational programme;
- the ability to create a stimulating learning environment for the student;
- a flexible, and result-oriented attitude;
- a student-oriented attitude and intercultural sensitivity;
- English language skills at least on CAE level or other relevant programme;
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good team worker;
- a demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development;
- knowledge of and affinity with ICT.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a one year contract in scale 11. The HBO-CAO scale 11 is €3,881.09 minimum and €5,332.48 gross maximum per month for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme, and allow for a proper work/life balance.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
Everyone is welcome at Rotterdam University. We see diversity as a strength. An inclusive work environment is a prerequisite for us to create a good learning environment for our students. We believe that recognizable diversity in the composition of our teams is important. We therefore take this into account during the selection procedure.
Should you have any questions you can email us at RBSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
On-line applications in English only.